Friday, July 30, 2010

not as easy as they say

Okay, so yesterday i went about trying find a blog host because I want to be able to share my journey, get feedback and who knows - maybe inspire someone to start their own journey to reinvention.  I had seen a blog host advertised in a magazine I have "Artful Blogging" by Stampington & Company stampington & co..  unfortunately it wasn't as easy as they say it is.  I am not, by any means, a techie however, I am neither an idiot.  So when I say it wasn't user friendly, it really wasn't.  After 30 minutes of fighting with it, I ditched my attempt at getting a blog through them.  You guys can try tumblr if you want and maybe you'll be more successful. 

I then tried wordpress and didn't find it any simpler.  I agonized over the whole process even downloading their free program and all it got was a zip file that even after being extracted I couldn't figure out how to launch the darn thing.  Have fun with that one as well.

As you can see, I chose blogger.  I was up and running in under 1 minute - and personally speaking, I think it's quite pretty and compliments my "journey" theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment